Re: accessibility of zoom

Lino Morales

Is it better than Team Talk?

On 9/21/2017 7:24 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Zoom is a teleconferencing site sort of like GoToMeeting.  Mystic Access uses it for their classes, in one of which I am currently enrolled.  For shared presentations, it works quite well, even including sharing screen reader audio with the shared screen feature.  It has a number of keyboard shortcuts that make navigating its interface pretty usable.
I don't have an experience with the chat features, so I can't comment on the specific problem of no text echo.  I note that this is a problem in general with Chrome, and wonder if they are built with any similarities in architecture in this  regard.
Chris

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 4:51 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
what is zoom.

I may look at it.

On 21/09/2017 4:55 p.m., Governor staten wrote:
Has anyone out there had experience with this software, and the accessibility, or lack thereof? It appears that there is lots to be desired where accessibility is concerned. I'd like to know if there is something I can do to remedy this issue?

An organization I'm a part of uses this client multiple times a week. Again, if anyone has any experience with this software, please get in contact with me, off of the list. govsta@... is my address. You can reply on list if there are add-ons for this software, or other solutions I should try. Hopefully not too confusing. :)

According to the link on accessibility found at https://zoom.us/accessibility#accessibility

they say that NVDA, JAWS and Voiceover should work well with this software. My experience, while not terrible, isn't perfect. Is it just me, or is the accessibility not completely honest?

If anyone wants to give this software a going over, it can be found at www.zoom.us. Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

--
Christopher Bartlett