Re: Microsoft Speech Platform

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi will these work with windows seven and if so what voices will you get?

If you use it under windows seven?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 3:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft Speech Platform

Hi

The package is in a zip format it is about 300 meg or so for the whole package.  There is a run time file you need to click on and after that it is the tts voices need to be installed.

The link to the drop boxs account is https://www.dropbox.com/s/zthyyh9kef7repx/Speech%20Platform%2011%20engine%20and%20voices.zip?dl=0

I also have the speech hub package but the add on needs to be installed after speech hub has been installed.

the add on can be found under the following section in windows c: drive then program files x86 then speech hub then nvda add on then just do the usual to install it the add on i mean.

the drop box link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzgos2mu38ss3i1/SpeechHubInstall.exe?dl=0

On 9/22/2017 10:39 PM, Peter Beasley wrote:

does it work on Windows 7?

Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:45 PM

Hi

I do have the whole package of voices for speech platform if you are interested along with the run time tingy to get those voices working.

I just looked on my windows 10 creators update machine and there under the synth section is one for speech platform so i have it installed.

I only have the one voice installed called sarah but i could install more if i can see it.

if you are interested i can drop box them.

They are the complete set so will have other languages as well apart from english.

Gene nz

On 9/21/2017 11:29 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

Is MS Speech Platform still compatible with NVDA? It's been several
years since I first installed it and I've changed computers and NVDA's
interface has changed and I don't know if it's still possible to install
Speech Platform in it, which makes me a bit sad because I like those
voices, just not as a default. I've also forgotten how to install them
in NVDA and I can see they're not addon packages, so...

--
Image NVDA certified expert