Re: Some accessible free radio streamer

Gene

I downloaded the newest version from the web site.  I downloaded the version for 32 and 64bit machines, though that shouldn't matter.  I installed it as a portable program.  It isn't clear to me what is and is not free.  I got no message about a trial period, and the station list is there.  But I see nothing for looking for a new station list.  I didn't install the version because I already have an earlier installed version.  If that would have made a difference, I don't know.  I'ts beginning to look as though the software works even though the message during installation says it is no longer free.  It may be that getting updated station lists is what you are paying for. 

But my point is that those who want to use the program for free may still be able to do so if they are willing to do without updated station lists.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some accessible free radio streamer

That's as good evidence as you can get.  It's really unfortunate.  I guess at least you have to give the developer credit.  He isn't making the program free by foisting all sorts of malware on users in sneaky ways.  I'm curious if other list members know of other good free aggregator programs. 
Gene 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some accessible free radio streamer

When you install the latest version of tapin radio it does say this softwhear is no longer free do you want to continu? If you do chose to continu you will get a 14 day trial so you can see what stations work and what stations won't. 

Brian Sackrider

On 9/21/2017 3:34 PM, Chris wrote:

Just checked the raimersoft site and in the change log since v2.0.6 it says no longer free

http://www.raimersoft.co/TapinRadio_whatsnew.aspx

as far as I can see the pro version still works ok, although no updates in a while

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.