Re: usenet?

Antony Stone

So where does "the quality is better" come into it?

Antony.

On Saturday 23 September 2017 at 23:25:05, Louis Maher wrote:

Hi Antony,

My internet provider AT&T used to provide the Usenet service for free.
They discontinued this many years ago. When AT&T stopped carrying the
usenet service, I found that I had to find a service for easy access to
sci.space.news and sci.space.science. Also reading usenet on the iPhone is
far mor easier than reading usenet articles on the PC.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Antony
Stone
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] usenet?

What does buying things have to do with usenet?

Antony

On Saturday 23 September 2017 at 23:14:02, erik burggraaf wrote:
I used easynews myself when I cared about such things. Nowadays I just
buy what I want. Even though I don't have a lot of money, it's easier,
and the quality is better.
--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

- Bill Gates
--
"Life is just a lot better if you feel you're having 10 [small] wins a day
rather than a [big] win every 10 years or so."

- Chris Hadfield, former skiing (and ski racing) instructor

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.