Re: vocalizer voices (got it partly figured out)

Lino Morales

We listers said this about 10000000000000000000000000000000 times already and I'm tired of repeating myself also. Use! the! supplyed! SSAPI 5! voices! or the one core! Sheesh!

On 9/22/2017 10:47 PM, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo wrote:
if we cant stand e speak how do we get a free NVDA voice

On 9/22/17, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
I can't stand ESpeak either Travis, but I know the page you are talking
about. Yes poorly designed.

On 9/19/2017 3:49 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:
I have to say, the web page where the nvda plugin is up for download
is terrible.  According to the site (and I quote).

Once the Add-on is installed along with NVDA, you can select either
Code Factory Eloquence or Code Factory Vocalizer in the NVDA
Synthesizer dialog and then select the preferred language in the NVDA
Voice dialog.

Yeah, only this doesn't work for vocalizer voices.  It works just fine
for eloquence voice (which btw, I can't stand), but apparently, for
vocalizer voices, you need to go to another page (not linked to
anywhere on the NVDA plugins page), and download the voices you want
to use.  This is pretty poor page design, especially since there is no
mention anywhere on the page that voices need to be downloaded.

But, just for reference, downloading the voices I wanted didn't change
my circle of errors, I'm still getting the thanks for using, and
telling me that pressing ok will start the install process, (which btw
doesn't).  Installing the samantha voice separately also doesn't solve
my problem, I can select vocolizer in the code factory menu, but when
going to synthesizer and selecting vocalizer is how I get into that
nice endless error circle, so there is definitely still work that
needs done on these voices.  I'd be demanding my money back with no
doubt if I'd had this experience after paying for these things.  The
seven day trial is nice, but it isn't of any use to me, because
nothing here is working, so I'm just going to write it all off as a
bad idea and go back to being content with my espeak ivan 3 voice.