Re: Slightly off topic, dev list what does this mean

Antony Stone

Getting a reply from the list server saying the address you sent from is not
subscribed is very different indeed from getting an error 550 "undeliverable"
to the list server's own address.

Antony.

On Monday 25 September 2017 at 17:53:36, Governor staten wrote:

I'm sure I got something similar to that message you received. That's
why I was asking aobut the development list. I sent a message there, and
it said I wasn't subscribed and other stuff I cannot recall at this time.

On 9/25/2017 10:59 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
No its an isp. And this problem has happened before. I tend now to
have two accounts one on my isp and one on gmail or similar and
usually if one has this problem the other does not, in a few days
things normally get resolved. The only odd thing is that normal
groups.io is affected as well and you have to re enable things but
this time its only sourceforge that has complained but I've switched
over to the other server.
I think that what often happens is that it gets on one list but not on
others due to some person who is on your isp getting their machine
botted.

All very irritating but a sign of the times I imagine.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-