Re: The Dev list and blacklisting of mail servers

Antony Stone

If that genuinely is the problem, then the list administrators / owners should
be asked to consider moving the list to a service which does not use
blacklisting.

Antony.

On Thursday 28 September 2017 at 12:03:21, John J. Boyer wrote:

I hate server blacklists. it's a crude way to fight spam. My servers have
been lacklisted at least twice. I think that is worse than spam!s

John

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 08:36:05AM +0100, Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io wrote:
Just in case anyone has seen bounces from that list as I have my
investigations seem to suggest that they aare using a blacklisting
service called sorbs, and several ISPs mail servers are now on it, which
either results in a no post or a bounce.
I suppose its up to those isps to get rid of the spammer in their
systems and apply for removal from the list.
I thought I'd mention it here as its quite a new addition to the reasons
for emails to lists to not appear. At present, IO seems to not be
affected, but sourceforge is getting more and more picky on its message
acceptances. Brian
--
Someone has stolen all the toilets from New Scotland Yard. Police say they
have absolutely nothing to go on.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.