Re: migrating Windows installation

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

If you know anything about useing the command line Diskpart can do anything you want to a disk. It is very powerful so it can do very bad things if you inadvertenly tell it too. :) The hardest part of useing it is remembering the commands. But Google and the /? command help.
On 9/29/2017 1:10 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Sorry to chime in now but you didnt need to do that. If you use a program to migrate your OS from the old disk it will delete the partition you just made and create new ones that match your OS drive.
I use Samsung and their migration software is great so I cant help you with a good alternative... Sorry.
This is what I found with Google:
It looks like Kingston has a migration tool also. It is a well known one at that. Not sure about accessibility...
As for leaving your music out of the transfer you may have to move it off the disk temporarily then move it back after the migration.
On 9/29/2017 12:20 AM, Justin Harris wrote:
I was finally able to find an accessible tool to get that partition made. It's late, and I had to try several before I found one that worked.

My Kingston SSD came with no such special software, but I got a reply back from the fine folks at Station Playlist, as I had asked to get my license keys again just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, they were able to recommend some free software to do exactly what I want. So here goes nothin. lol

El 9/29/2017 a las 1:53 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
I'd suggest you maybe contact somebody else who runs a station or similar.

Seems to me that many  ssds seem to come with bespoke software, mine is Samsung, that can take the drudgery out of this task.
It might in fact be best to just give in and get a sighted person to do it.
One word of warning though, the last time I did this with normal hard drives was some time ago, and in the end I had to reinstall all software as there was no easy way to  get all the installed programs and their links onto a completely different physical drive. Also Windows and some other software all started popping up, that they had been cloned and you would need to reactivate them on various web sites etc.

If I had knowsn about all that I'd just have made a clean install to start with, but then I was not running a radio station.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-