Re: hot key not working

Sally Kiebdaj

If you are looking for a guess, mine would be some driver or other software using that hockey. I used to have this problem with window eyes speech hockey's and display drivers overriding them.

Not sure what would override the NVDA start hockey, though.

On Sep 29, 2017 8:50 AM, "Don H" <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I have installed NVDA 2017.3 on my wife's laptop so I can perform maintenance on it.  It is running Win 10 64 bit Creator.
When I look at the NVDA Icon properties it shows that control alt n is the shortcut key to start NVDA.  However when I try to start NVDA with that key combination I am taken to the task bar and NVDA does not load. Any clues?  The NVDA keyboard layout is set to laptop as it does not have a number pad.  I did try it in the desktop mode and got the same results.
Thanks