From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Plugins

Hi,

I always recommend new people to learn Python first, as it teaches folks
what to do and how to solve basic problems.

In terms of scale of add-ons, Remote Support is arguably one of the most
impactful add-ons out there. The big picture is quite simple to understand,
but the code is a bit complicated because it hooks deeply into NVDA. There
is a possibility that this could be simplified in the future.

My own add-on collection shows varying skill, complexity and impact. Perhaps
the most powerful add-on I have is Windows 10 App Essentials due to its
impact - I'd say that this simple add-on has fundamentally changed how
people view NVDA's compatibility with Windows 10. But that add-on does not
compare to StationPlaylist Studio add-on, which is perhaps one of the most
complex add-ons in existence (besides DictationBridge).

One thing to keep in mind: do not think about creating the most complex
add-on, especially when you are just starting out on this journey. The most
powerful add-ons are ones that had huge impact on the community to a point
where it changed how people view and think about NVDA (and in some cases,
teach NVDA). Even small add-ons (such as ClipSpeak) is impactful.

Cheers,

Joseph