From: "Walker, Michael E" <michael.e.walker3@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 9:29 PM
Subject: [nvda] Necessary training to write a screen reader?

Hi,

When I read about how NVDA was born by a blind developer starting and writing it back in 2006, where do you think he would have even gotten the training to write a screen reader? I know that one would not get this from college alone. College may teach the fundamentals of Computer Science with an introduction to some specialized topics like security and cryptography, image processing, networking, and multimedia, but writing a screen reader has to be a highly complex undertaking. I am not looking to write one, but am intrigued by NVDA's history.

Thanks,
Mike