locked Re: This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Christo Vorster

I agree with what was said. Even though I also long for what was, like MS DOS and WordPerfect 51, one has to change, to be able to continue doing what you get paid for.

One thing I don’t understandfail to comprehend, is why change something that works perfectly with something that keep on failing you.

But, such is life.

Good luck to all with all the future changes.

Just a last thought: thanks to everybody involved in producing such a fantastic package as NVDA. At least the changes in this case must be termed as “positive progression”

Cheers

Sent: Tuesday, 19 April 2016 2:06 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] This is the moderator speaking: Question Regarding Eloquence for NVDA from Code Factory

Ron Canazzi wrote, "I agree with this to a point, but let's be real. The Model T analogy doesn't hold water. I do not encourage people to stick with DOS or Windows 95 for sure, but I also don't think it is always advisable to go out and get the alleged best of the best right away. Moderation is always the best policy."

Your central point is well taken, and I've made the same one.  That being said, Windows XP and Outlook Express are, at this point, direct analogs of the Model T and they seem to be the things that are most frequently clung to.

It's also not "preachy" to bring up issues that seem to be repeatedly glossed over as though they do not exist.  Informed consent is a part of moderation, too.

In the final analysis I'm with you:  I don't really care what decision any individual makes.  Different people can and do weigh different factors differently.  But open discussion of the factors at play, and as many of those that are available, is not a bad thing.

Brian

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.