From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: 28 September 2017 21:35
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

Well I really do wander if they find it easier to bottem post.

Its not blind vs sighted as such its probably the way they like their screens.

For example I have family which really like their threaded messages threaded.

They like to see the old messages first so they know what they have sent and they can't remember what they typed previously.

For us, I guess that would work, except we can't scroll to the start of the new content as such like this because our software just won't do it in a easy way.

For the sighted its a quick mouse wheel flip my family do it all the time, they do it without thinking just like breathing.

For us, we rely on our keyboards and screen readers, and to be honest I never look at what is below if I don't need to which could be a disadvantage.

We also have to get used to the > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> signs the lower and lower down we get down the message tree.

So for us top posting is the most accessible.

However we probably do lose some info over what was before.

I can't say I have responded to a message without reading below first.

I never do so I loose things.

For me I respond to something if I know what it is or if its 1-2 days old maybe but I could be out of thread by the time I respond to a huge email list.

A lot of techs I know thread and folder cluster their mail.

A few friends don't do this, for myself coming from dos, I read and delete all my mail.

If its important I save it in a text file with the message in it and whatever.

If the email database corrupts or the system crashes or something I reformat and move on.

My data is mostly backed up, it includes text of important files and the like.

I realise I will get bit in the ass one day but I barely have to deal with important stuf and now with dropbox it means I can continue as I am till the world ends.

On the other hand, rarely have I needed the net during a system outage that is critical.

Or at a critical point.

But I guess I am lucky.

Being a freelance tester means I just don't get the work I usually get and that means I have time to waste if I so choose which wouldn't be if I had to bother with critical data all the time.

On 29/09/2017 5:13 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I know I have been shoved off the talking newspaper list for this
crime. They are all doo gooders and ex mayors an aldermen trying for
obes I think. grin.
Their loss.
Brian

bglists@...