Re: HTML email [was: Re: [nvda] Download of the Weather Plus add-on]

Chris

I see that as plain text, but not your other message

From: Kostadin Kolev
Sent: 02 October 2017 16:35
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: HTML email [was: Re: [nvda] Download of the Weather Plus add-on]

Hello Gene,

My was the problematic message. I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 52.3.0. I've started sending messages only in HTML a long time ago, but only now someone complains that they are hard to read when viewing them as plain text due to the HTML code showing in the plain text. The HTML code shouldn't show in a message when viewing it as plain text, but in this case apparently it does. One of the persons having problems with my message is using KMail under Linux and the other is probably viewing it via the groups.io interface via a web browser, though I don't know if this matters or not. The unusual thing in my problematic message were a few (two, to be exact) emojies that I've inserted via the "Emoticons" add-on for NVDA. Maybe that caused the issue - I don't know. If it is that, in the future I'll try to avoid inserting emojies in my messages (at least for this list).

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 2.10.2017 г. в 18:23, Gene написа:

It may be that a text message should be sent.  It might be useful to know what e-mail application is being used by the original sender.

I've seen very little about this but I think I read somewhere that sending HTML only messages is mor common than it used to be.  I'm curious to know what e-mail programs have problems rendering such messages when reading mail as plain text?  What program are you using?