Re: Managing Servers Remotely

Norman <lists@...>

Hi.
The first thing you need to know is what the operating system is on the web server. There will be options for managing them but without knowing what the operating system is I can't really give much guidance.

Thanks.

On October 2, 2017 10:32:19 PM EDT, helenc317@... wrote:
Hi all,

For my job, I'm a developer on a web application, and all our servers are hosted in the cloud. i'm trying to figure out what options exist for me to access and manage the servers. I know about the remote access add-on though I haven't tried it yet. I've also read a few people saying they can use remote desktop to access another machine. I'm hoping to get some feedback as to the feasibility of either of these in my situation.

I'm working from a windows 7 machine, and I would have to check what our servers are running. From looking over the remote access documentation, it sounds like in order to make this work, I would need to have NVDA on the server set to autoconnect all the time. Is that correct? Is that a setting that loads when NVDA starts once I'm logged in? Is remote desktop a possibility in this situation? I would like it better if I could choose to start NVDA instead of having it run every time someone logs into the server. Is there anything else I need to take into account?

I'm a little hesitant since this would be 6 servers in total I'll be needing installs for. Plus I'll need to check on if we're allowed to put NVDA on the production servers which have stronger security policies. But those are separate topics for different people.

Thanks for any help.

Helen