Re: Braille, how many use it?

Mallard <mallard@...>

I agree. Luckily, the National Health Service here in Italy gives us braille displays, either totally paid by the National Health Service itself, or partly - depending on the cost of the device.

I used an Optacon before the advent of braille displays, and still do, but on paper and ereaders; no longer on a pc screen, due to uncomfortable position of my workstation.

I couldn't live without braille! I switched to NVDA only once braille support was introduced.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 03/10/2017 13:41, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
Tis is just a question. I see a lot of work going on on the development front to make these displays and the entering of the code more intuitive and better.
I just wondered how many folk here can afford to use a Braille display on their machines? Since the promised Orbit seems to be having issues getting out  of the factory, most of the other choices out there need a second mortgage to buy them!

Just musing that was all.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.