Re: Braille, how many use it?

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I've used braille since I got my first braille display 10 years ago. I could probably be without it, but right now, I would not choose to. Adding up, say, three sets of 8 binary digits all having different positions for their binary points is not something I really want to be doing in my head while relying on speech. Perfecting the braille support in NVDA is one of the few major things that really needs to be done to shore up NVDA. I'm glad it's being addressed, but even at that, it's been essentially functional for years.

Best,

Erik

On October 3, 2017 7:42:29 AM "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists@...> wrote:

Tis is just a question. I see a lot of work going on on the development
front to make these displays and the entering of the code more intuitive and
better.
I just wondered how many folk here can afford to use a Braille display on
their machines? Since the promised Orbit seems to be having issues getting
out of the factory, most of the other choices out there need a second
mortgage to buy them!

Just musing that was all.
Brian

bglists@...