Re: Braille, how many use it?

No and now there has been a user that is selling it because they said it was not for them.

I was going to buy this but it seems to use a simple os, and I am unsure what to do about that.

I was thinking like something like the l braille though to be honest  what I'd like would be a braille keyboard and or querty keyboard and a braille screen you could put on to any computer that could have a ssd in it.

You can get up to 1tb drives with 256-500 being all a standard user would need.

Ofcause thats probably going to sort of cost as much as a good computer but even though that may be expensive.

The future is in mainstream oses or as extra hardware for those.

Using a pc after using my limited keynote in dos and other braille systems it opened my eyes to what I was missing software wise.

The issue I see with a lot of blind accessible special hardware is you can only run software that is accessible.

And while thats fine for the average user if like me you are not and I bet a lot of us are not, we want to fiddle about with our systems, destroy them, screw ourselves over and be free.

Blindy spaciffic devices don't allow us to be free.

Because we are helpless and they need to hold our blind hands.

Thats fine to a point, but you will eventually exhaust the limited featureset and once thats done you may wander is that all.

Its true you can do some gaming, email, and other things but you can't just load a general windows program or whatever on a standard old style device.

At the time I did training with my now dead keynote 18, you got told the basics, the general wordprocessing app, the dos reader, and the extra programs to use for braille translation and wordperfect and that was it.

Fortunately there was dos, I was able to fiddle but I do believe some devices are more restricted than that.

Unless you had an eurika that was which was in unix and could program it and or the bns or something it was still restricted.

If we hope to move forward as a people then we need to make devices that are mainstreamed or at least be able to connect to mainstream tech like a laptop for extra functions.

On 4/10/2017 2:43 a.m., Adriani Botez wrote:
How about orbit reader? It is the cheapest braille display. Did they manage
to start shipping?

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----