From: "Martin Thomas Swaton" <list@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] bug in browsemode

Hi once more

no I found out that there not even have to be special characters in the
non-linked-textblock and nvda still does ignore/skip some blocks.

currently I had a conversation that looked like that:

link name1

textline1

Just now
link name2

haha
Just nowSent from Web
link name1

textline2

where textline 1 and 2 are read by pressing "n" and the "haha" block is
simply ignored allthough it is placed between two link lines.

I think this is not as expected.

cheers
Martin

Am 03.10.2017 um 00:19 schrieb Martin Thomas Swaton:

Am 03.10.2017 um 00:04 schrieb Quentin Christensen:
Just to clarify, is it treating the smiley emoticon as a graphc (and
therefore the text before is one nonlinked text element, then the
graphic element, then another nonlinked text element)?
no, it really is just text.
but I am not sure how consistent this behaves.

had the same with "hm..."
but only further down in the thread, when it got up in the thread it
was recognized as text (non linked)

so there might be a second trigger, that I could not figure out until now.

so fact is, if there are some special characters (not grafical items,
just text) it may be handled as something else than "not linked text".

cheers
Martin

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 7:14 AM, Gene <gsasner@...
<mailto:gsasner@...>> wrote:

Also, n should not do two separate things, as you are asking.
How does n know what you want? You often intentionally want to
use n to skip to the next block of nonlink text if you don't want
to hear the block you have used the command to skip to. You can
make a case that, if you have already started speak all, that n
should skip to the next nonlink text and resume reading. But
having n skip to the next nonlink text and then, when pressed
again, read that entire block, is a very bad idea. N does one
thing and should do one thing, skip to the next nonlink text.
Whether continuous reading occurs after you skip may be offered
as the behavior when speak all has been executed before using n.