Re: Braille, How Many Use It?

slery <slerythema@...>

Technology is making Braille more accessible to people.
Cindy

On October 3, 2017 6:53:14 PM "Lawrence Stoler" <lstoler99@...>
wrote:

Hi,

I agree, Brian.

  While I don't think the technology we're used to using i.e. the
Internet will go down tomorrow, it's important we have access to and
know how to use as many different things as possible including braille.

Blind people should know how to use grade II braille.  Many of us have
taken it for granted for a long time and it would be a shame to see it
disappear just because in the minds of some, not as many read or write
braille as was the case years ago.

Technology is great.  It has helped us in many ways but just because
braille isn't read by as many as was the case a long time ago doesn't
mean it's out of date and therefore shouldn't exist.

Larry