Re: bug in browsemode

Martin Thomas Swaton

hi everybody,

@gene the skipped block was exactly the one I mentioned in my example "haha and the next line with just now and so on"

so it is not a really short block, as it has two lines and some words in the second line.

this block must not be skipped

@brian yes I guess it is. firefox did update some days ago and made me switch over from my old screenreader to nvda for every day use. until now i was switching between the two screenreaders regularly. now i am using nvda all the time and because of that try to improve the workflow.

:-)

@zahra thanks again, I guess there are more than we, that would like this behaviour and more users that are facing that "blank" problem when using "n" but did not realice it really.

@gene it is not possible to use some other shortcut in many cases, because pages often only have link and non-linked text and no other elements that could be used  to jump to the next object/area of interest.

e.g. in the example of the facebook messages page I gave. But also on many other webpages or rss feeds to read news, where the non-linked text block is the only block that exists after the links above it.

so a relyable jumping to non-linked text would be really important.

As I missed a lot of text in the last few days because of this bug, that nvda is not reading every unlinked txt

cheers

Martin

Am 04.10.2017 um 09:23 schrieb zahra:

hello martin i completely agree with you i also love to hear all of
the content of one object not only the first line.

i also agree with you in your sentences

if this is nothing everyone sees this way and wants to have to be able
to read more comfortable, why not add a checkbox in the settings:
"read whole object when jumped to"
then everybody could decide to hear only the first line, as it works
now, or the whole textblock/list/...

i tried n twice and nvda only says blank in the messages which i
recieve in my gmail.
i cant understand the reason for my problem.

God bless you.

<bglists@...> wrote:
Is this the new 64 bit version of Firefox by any chance?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-