Slightly OT: Is there a way to tell if a Windows update is a major upgrade?

John Isige

Hi all. The recent posts about Win 10 made me think of this. I'm running Code Factory Eloquence. They say for major upgrades you should unlicense it and relicense after the upgrade's done, and I actually had to contact them about this for one of the major updates, anniversary or creator's. Is there some way to tell if an update is major? Mostly I see updates when I shut down, "update and shut down" pops up. It would be nice not to have to stop and go unlicense for every update.