Re: Windows 10 is Very, Very Broken

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Hi, Get a sighted helper then Restart your machine then press F8over and over until you get the windows menu that has startup repair as a option select it then hit enter. It will restart after awhile. I dont remember the specifics. But it is pretty straight forward. If that doesn't work then you will have too use your windows install media and boot into the windows setup and try the troubleshooting section. If you have a backup you can load it or try some of the repair options. Narrator works in this enviroment. so

On 10/4/2017 6:50 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well I have had this issue on some systems and a good reformat always gets windows working but further tests do show something.

Possible culprets are power supply units, I have had a few of those fail on me.

Processer fans or power box fans a lot of those have failed on me.

Drives  and or boards.

On 5/10/2017 10:32 a.m., Gene wrote:
It sounds as though the problem is a hardware problem and not a Windows problem unless the hardware problem damaged Windows.

From: Noah Carver via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 4:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 is Very, Very Broken

Hello List,

So, my Windows 10 is really pitching a fit! This all started when I had to forse shut down my win10 machine using the power butten, because of a total system hang. Then, I turned the machine back on. But NVDA did not come back to life. I tried turning on Narrator, and it wouldn't talk.
So I asked my dad to come and look at my screen. According to him, even when I pressed keys on the keyboard, the log in box wouldn't appear.
I've tried ctrl alt del, I’ve tried rebooting, nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have a radio show in two days, and I have  no backup machine.

Cheers,

Noah Carver

--
Sincereley: Randy Barnett