I have been building and maintaining PC's since 1995. The likelihood this is a serious hardware issue is low. The situation as describe indicates corrupted windows files and running any of the startup repair options  are appropriate.
Even though you will need some sighted help for the F8 menu Running for sighted help at the first sign of trouble is not necessary... I have never hurt a PC doing my own diagnostics...
Dont be afraid to trouble shoot your own PC. You can do it! :)
On 10/4/2017 10:42 PM, Gene wrote:
We don't know if the problem is a Windows 10 problem at all.  We haven't been told what happens when the computer turns on.  Is there any message on the screen?  I wouldn't do any of the things you suggest without knowing more what happens when the machine is turned on.  A complete hang such as was described and a failure to boot when the machine is restarted may indicate a hardware failure.  Not only might these suggestions not work, but since certain kinds of hardware failures may corrupt Windows, by doing these sorts of things without any knowledge of what the machine does when it turns on may corrupt Windows if it isn't now or make the corruption worse.

When the machine is turned on, what happens?  Is there a mnessage on screen?  Is there a message and then as time passes, one or more messages?  Is there no message on screen?

A sighted person needs to be there from the moment the computer turns on and tell you what happens.  As of now, though I don't have enough information to say anything definite, it looks to me as though it may be a serious hardware failure that will need a tech to correct.

Gene
----- Original Message -----=
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 is Very, Very Broken

Hi, Get a sighted helper then Restart your machine then press F8over and
over until you get the windows menu that has startup repair as a option
select it then hit enter. It will restart after awhile. I dont remember
the specifics. But it is pretty straight forward. If that doesn't work
then you will have too use your windows install media and boot into the
windows setup and try the troubleshooting section. If you have a backup
you can load it or try some of the repair options. Narrator works in
this enviroment. so

--
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.