Re: NVDA AND CCleaner No speech on win 7 after clean issue.

Gene

I'm not sure what you are saying about Avast.  The malware was in the program itself, not in Avast.  I believe the company that owns Avast now owns CCleaner but Avast itself had nothing to do with the problem.

Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA AND CCleaner No speech on win 7 after clean issue.

Well maybe they saw sence then.

On the malware effected version and the version after, I got avast,
maybe they realised how much of an actual issue avast actually was or at
least I hope so.

interestingly enough the malware only effected 32 bit systems.

I had 1 of these with the effected version without auto moniter on and I
did do a full malwarebytes scan and found nothing.

Its good the potential attack was removed but sadly there are a lot of
supposed news sites that are blowing this all out of proportion.

 From the ccleaner blog it looked like the malware payloads were never
activated and were detected early.

The issue was fixed, end of story.

Yet there are many so called sites saying you should reformat and
reinstall windows and that you should either use the latest ccleaner or
use their own probably scareware filled program instead.

I did go through a full malware scan on the 1 effected 32bit system I
owned and within 30 minutes found that in fact there was no problem.

As far as I am concerned the hack happened when ccleaner went with avast.

And the easiest solution to fix this is to have piriform leave avast
completely as ccleaner never got hacked before that.