Re: Issues with Windows 10 upgrades

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

i would first suggest you to join the win10 list on groups.io
if you havent already done that.
next.
can you give a full specification of your computer?
include which cpu, video card, hard drive size, which screen readers
are installed.
next.
try this before replying.
1. go to run box.
2. type services.msc
3. once it opens press tab and find windows update service and go to
its properties.
4. change type to disabled.
remember the type it was set before you did this as we need to set it
back after you do the next steps.
5. click on stop.
6. once stops click on apply and ok.
7. go to c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\downloads.
empty this folder.
8. go to properties of c drive and do a disk cleanup.
select to clean system files.
check all the boxes and select clean.
9. if you use a 3rd party antivirus then write down the product key
and uninstall it.
10. reboot your computer.
11. go to services.msc and change the type of the windows update
service to the type it was setup and start the service.
12. check for update and hopefully it should install now.
13. if doesnt install then update all drivers including bios from hp site.
reply on how it goes.

On 10/6/17, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:
Gene,

that's the very first page I found too, and the very first thing we did,
with my husband, but to no avail...

Goodness knows what is causing this thing.

The funny thing is, that my little, old packard Bell netbook from 2010
upgraded to 1703 without any issues whatsoever, even using my smartphone
as a hotspot...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 05/10/2017 22:36, Gene New Zealand ha scritto:

Hi

As long as i entered in the right error code and did not leave any
thing else i done a quick search and came up with this page at
http://www.errorlive.com/error-code-0x8007001f

Hopefully i copied the whole error code but it if it is this one looks
like you need to update your audio driver or try some of the steps there.

Usually at times it is usually to do with a usb device.

Gene nz

On 10/6/2017 9:14 AM, Mallard wrote:
Well, I think we tried all possible troubleshooting tools and fixes
available. Every time we were back to square one. A sort of "catch
22" situation. We were advised to restoer, but restore wouldn't work.
we were advised to use a cd, but that told us there was an error
(always the same error code!).

I'll try with the newer version as soon as it appears, but I'm afraid
I'll have to stay on this 1607 thingy, unless I want to format the
machine...

Ciao, thanks!

Ollie

Il 05/10/2017 19:16, Randy Barnett ha scritto:
I have and it is a serious pain. Try the windows update
troubleshooting tool. Just google it and then install it from MS.
If that dowsnt fix it there are some more advanced workarounds but
Sometimes it is easier to just reinstall windows with the latest
version.
On 10/5/2017 6:23 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

My machine (a desktop from HP, which was bought refurbished, and
has 12GB of ram at the moment) doesn't seem to want to upgrade to
Creator.
It has been attempiting to do the updates, but every time it says
there's an error, and can't complete the procedure.

It gives me the following error:

Error: 0x8007001f

I searched for the code on teh web, and so did my husband, but we
didn't come up with anything viable.

Has anyone, by any chance, experienced somehting like this, and how
did you solve it, if you did at all?

Thanks, ciao,
Ollie

--