Re: Windows 10 is Very, Very Broken

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Nope I am clean... :) Really I showered and everything! My PC too. :)

On 10/6/2017 3:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I get that from messages saying that they have scam links in them from thunderbird to but who knows.

On 6/10/2017 11:15 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
As an aside this particular message gave me an alert that an active x vcontrol was on the email, and could be dangerous. I'm mentioning this just in case its something infecting your machine. It read ok without it being allowed to run.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Barnett" <randy@soundtique.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2017 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 is Very, Very Broken

Try ctrl +alt + delete. If secure log in got enabled due to corruption
you wont get a password field no matter what you do until you use the
afore memtioned key combo.

On 10/5/2017 5:50 PM, Noah Carver via Groups.Io wrote:
There is no sound what so ever. I tried several reboots with the same
result. NO, I can’t get to the password section, but I can tab and
shift tab around. The password box literally does not exist on the screen.
On Oct 5, 2017, at 20:48, Gene New Zealand
<hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz
<mailto:hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz>> wrote:

hi can you tab around the screen there? or shift/tab or get nvda to
focus on the password section? Can it be shut down from that screen?
maybe a reboot after that might fix it. Is there any thing in one of
the usb holes like a usb stick? i do not mean like printrs etc.

Are you getting any beeps when it boots up? even to that screen?

Gene nz

On 10/6/2017 12:10 PM, Noah Carver via Groups.Io wrote:
OK, so here’s some more in-depth explanation. When does does boot. Boots all the way up until the lock screen. The lock screen appears, showing a lovely photo that Microsoft auto generate. But then I press control to bring up the password entry field, nothing happens. It’s basically locked on the lock screen. That’s my problem. I don’t believe that this is a hardware issue, as windows boot fine. I’m more inclined to believe it has something to do with windows it’s self.

On Oct 5, 2017, at 15:04, Shaun Everiss<sm.everiss@gmail.com>  wrote:

Well a system hang could be many things.

The fact that it just did without warning suggests hardware.

But if a small fan failed you wouldn't know.

If a drive failed you may or may not hear it.

Chances are though that all you need do is hit enter to get things back.

One thing that the user should try.

if you use delete or whatever key that goes to the cmos does it do it.

If it does, if you use a live cd with linux or something does it load.

If the latter then I'll accept the windows issue.

Does the pc even turn on.

I had a server box I was working with, that had been hanging for ages, I turned it on to transfer all data to new hardware and it didn't power, I tried again, and it still didn't power.

Later on the shop confirmed the raid boards and more importantly the boards that were the keys to all the data on the drives were on fire.

We had to pay recovery to get the data.

However to be honest there is a good chance your data is still in tact.

Since windows manages drivers if it hangs you see something and it would restart.

I had a display card do this, run the system suddenly it hangs.

I did a restart, windows detected the display had hung the system, the error was intercepted by the driver software and sent to the right places, I was ordered to update the driver in fact was told how or rathr that there was a firmware bug and asked to patch it.

Chances are most stuff like that well who knows.

A sudden hang without any warning suggests that you have one of the following 3 failiers.

1.  psu or main power pack that can  happen.

Less commen is a bad cord though you would notice internal cords failing or something before that.

The processer failed.

That would actually smell if it did, the main fan needs to jam on a pc and you would hear that happening before it did.

The performance would go nuts same with a pc being full of dust.

I had a pc fail on me for that reason it had been racing with fans up to the max all day long and I had wandered about it I did clear it out but not before some stuff died in it and I had to replace it.

If a small fan failed well yeah I admit if that or your sync failed you wouldn't know about that till you actually noticed dammage.

A video card or other card failed, yeah they actually do fail.

You have bad ram, could happen like that ram does fail.

Your board could fail, this is less likely.

Your firmware has an issue.

This is not a problem if you can get it updated or reflashed and stuff.

Its unlikely you could have a virus or malware or any major software issue unless something is covered up that is.

Software could generated a critical stop so could drivers do of 0x000 which basically means something it did went beyond the capabilities of the processer like an overflow or something dumb, but there are so many checks thats almost nonexistant now.

If you didn't see smoke that doesn't mean the supply didn't just die.

I once had the main system fail, and hang then die, the only thing I heard was a small pop like when I get a fax.

If I was not in the same room as it I wouldn't have noticed.

On 6/10/2017 7:04 a.m., Gene wrote:
Consider what happened.  With no previous report of problems, the system completely hung.  It didn't reboot.  We don't know what, if any errors were on screen.  All this is pure speculation as to causes, corrupted files, the registry, whatever people want to speculate about.  Why would a properly functioning system suddently completely hang and then not reboot? Until we find out what, if any error messages are on screen and if Windows even tries to boot, this is all speculation. I suspect a hardware problem.  Others suspect other causes.  I consider it premature to advise any course of action without more information.

Gene
-----