Re: Issues with Windows 10 upgrades

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

that error can mean anything and mostly means driver error or some
other software that interferes with the upgrade

On 10/7/17, Stephen <whocrazy@internode.on.net> wrote:
It sounds like a windows permissions problem.
At 08:00 PM 10/6/2017, you wrote:
Gene,

that's the very first page I found too, and the very first thing we
did, with my husband, but to no avail...

Goodness knows what is causing this thing.

The funny thing is, that my little, old packard Bell netbook from
2010 upgraded to 1703 without any issues whatsoever, even using my
smartphone as a hotspot...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 05/10/2017 22:36, Gene New Zealand ha scritto:

Hi

As long as i entered in the right error code and did not leave any
thing else i done a quick search and came up with this page at
http://www.errorlive.com/error-code-0x8007001f

Hopefully i copied the whole error code but it if it is this one
looks like you need to update your audio driver or try some of the steps
there.

Usually at times it is usually to do with a usb device.

Gene nz

On 10/6/2017 9:14 AM, Mallard wrote:
Well, I think we tried all possible troubleshooting tools and
fixes available. Every time we were back to square one. A sort of
"catch 22" situation. We were advised to restoer, but restore
wouldn't work. we were advised to use a cd, but that told us there
was an error (always the same error code!).

I'll try with the newer version as soon as it appears, but I'm
afraid I'll have to stay on this 1607 thingy, unless I want to
format the machine...

Ciao, thanks!

Ollie

Il 05/10/2017 19:16, Randy Barnett ha scritto:
I have and it is a serious pain. Try the windows update
troubleshooting tool. Just google it and then install it from MS.
If that dowsnt fix it there are some more advanced workarounds
but Sometimes it is easier to just reinstall windows with the latest
version.
On 10/5/2017 6:23 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

My machine (a desktop from HP, which was bought refurbished, and
has 12GB of ram at the moment) doesn't seem to want to upgrade to
Creator.
It has been attempiting to do the updates, but every time it
says there's an error, and can't complete the procedure.

It gives me the following error:

Error: 0x8007001f

I searched for the code on teh web, and so did my husband, but
we didn't come up with anything viable.

Has anyone, by any chance, experienced somehting like this, and
how did you solve it, if you did at all?

Thanks, ciao,
Ollie

--
Image NVDA certified expert