Introduction

Ian Westerland

Hello everyone.
I am new to NVDA but not to computer access via Screen reading programs. NVDA has been my standbye program since last year with Window-Eyes being my main program. I used Jaws also, but wasn't happy with it for several reasons. So, here I am in the next stage of learning and computer access and I look forward to asking questions, learning further about what NVDA can do and, to contributing to the NVDA community wherever possible.

My first impressions of NVDA? With just a little consentration, I can use the basics and access my computer with very little disruption to computerised daily tasks. That's good enough for me as I learn.

Good wishes to all.

Ian Westerland