Re: Introduction

Bhavya shah

Hi Ian,
the built in NVDA User Guide present in NVDA menu > Help submenu >
User Guide is extremely useful in understanding each and every feature
and functionality of NVDA. On top of that, as David has already
mentioned, community members like Gene from New Zealand with his
Accessibility Central resource, the other Gene/Jean with his Window
Eyes to NVDA switching text guide, etc. have produced high-quality and
comprehensive material for NVDA newbies. Permit me to also briefly
mention a blog post I had written a while ago on my personal Wordpress
blog Hiking Across Horizons (https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com)
titled "Top 5 NVDA Tips and Tricks You Need To Know " located at
https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/2017/06/26/top-5-nvda-tips-and-tricks-you-need-to-know/.
This piece may teach you things about NVDA that are seldom overlooked
elsewhere.
Good luck in getting acquainted to the not-so-different NVDA world!
Thanks.

On 10/8/17, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Welcome, Ian!
My name is David Moore, and I help out a lot on here!
I am not a moderator, but I answer any questions that have not been
answered, and I paste tutorials.
Gene NZ is a very important member of this group, and he has his own web
site with many NVDA tutorials on it, and many other tutorials to use other
programs with NVDA.
His web site URL is:
www.accessibilitycentral.net
There is a link on there to learn the basics of NVDA with text and audio
tutorials.
There is the link for all tutorials for using NVDA with other programs.
Please ask any questions about using NVDA. In a year, I have gone to using
JAWS 80 percent of the time, to using NVDA 80 percent of the time, and JAWS
only 15 percent of the time, and Narrator 5 percent of the time.
NVDA works so well with the Windows 10 universal apps, it is like NVDA was
made for them. Narrator works great with many of the apps as well.
NVDA works the best in the Mail, Calendar, and People apps, NVDA works great
in Microsoft Edge, the News app, Weather app, and more. NVDA works as well
in Microsoft Edge as JAWS works in Firefox and Chrome.
NVDA works great in Chrome as well.
I encourage you to read chapters 4, 5, and 6 of the NVDA users guide in the
help menu.
You can navigate with the System focus, or PC cursor as it is called in
JAWS, or you can navigate where the system carot cannot go, with Object
navigation and screen review with the Review cursor. Chapter 5 will give you
all of the key commands for using the review cursor.
I have tutorials, including one on using Microsoft Edge!
Let me know if you would like any tutorials, and definitely get on Gene’s
web site that I gave you.
Take care, Ian, and welcome to a lot of help, and an awesome community.
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10