From: "Deborah Armstrong" <debee@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2017 8:29 PM
Subject: [nvda] Questions about embedded photos in email

I'm editing a newsletter for an all-volunteer organization. Everyone keeps sending me pictures embedded in email rather than attachments.

My husband, who is sighted explained that they just drag and drop the picture in to the email and that's why it shows as part of the email rather than an attachment.

I have someone else doing the layout, but I'm frustrated that I might be missing some of the photos. I mean can I be absolutely sure that a screen reader will tell me when a photo is there and let me right-click on it to save it as a separate file?

I use Windows 10 mail, Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird. I'm not entirely happy with any of them; I use Outlook and JAWS at work with fewer access glitches.

But at home it's NVDA and Narrator on Windows 10 with these clients.

What are thoughts from others on the list?

--Debee