Re: Getting NVDA to Talk without sound caard

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Do you have a old usb sound card laying around? They use generic drivers of windows. I got mine off ebay for not much only a couple of kiwi dollars. Then after you boot the pc plus it it in and then your speakers or headset into it. You then should hear sounds but you might also have to tell nvda to use that one as well under the synth settings.

Gene nz

On 10/10/2017 10:20 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Agreed. I remember when I made such a mistake almost 20 years ago. Lesson learned.

Take care and be blessed all.

On Oct 9, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

I would simply reformat the system and next time don't kill everything

On 10/10/2017 8:27 a.m., Howard Traxler wrote:
I have an older computer running windows XP.  Being totally stupid, I deleted the audio drivers and lots of other stuff that might have been necessary to run things.  It seems that it boots ok but now I'd like to get it to talk or even to run its alva braille display.  I think I have JAWS 9 on it--which, of course, won't talk or display.  But now, I've created a portable copy of NVDA, thinking that maybe I can somehow make the machine talk enough to get its drivers back and make it talk normally again.

Any ideas about this situation?  Thank you anybody.

Howard