Re: How to set Acrobat Reader DC for PDF files

Thanks Gene. It worked. I forgot to say my default browser is Firefox.
Nevzat

On 10/9/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
hi

the first thing i would do is in the defaults apps change the browser from
edge to another one. that should stop it from opening in edge.

use the windows key + letter I then go to apps press enter key then down to
default apps. Locate the browser and change it from edge to another if on
there.

the next thing i would do is locate the pdf document then use the
applications key. Arrow down to open with adobe dc reader then press the
enter key It may give you the option to keep it as default.

It not there it should give you the option to choose another app then press
the enter key. Under the list there pick adobe dc reader then the next time
you tab it will give you the option a check box to use that program every
time make sure it is checked then tab down to ok and press the enter key.

Now you should be right.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 10/10/2017 10:47 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have no idea how it happened, but for sometime now Microsoft Edge
reads my PDF files instead of Acrobat Reader DC, something I do not
caer for.
I'd like to set Acrobat Reader DC as my default reader for PDF files.
Will someone instruct me how to do this?
My screen reader is NVDA and OS Windows 10.
Thanks.
Nevzat

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material