Re: Getting NVDA to Talk without sound caard

hi.
just reinstall your sound card driver by the help of one sighted person!
hope that help, God bless you.

The thing that you need to know is that windows 3.1 in fact up to 98se
did not use any services as such.

You could delete just about anything and almost everything and it would
run fine.

They were just advanced dos shells.

From xp up this changed a lot.

You need a lot of services and startups and tasks a lot of things.

if you kill everything things will not work.

If you have backups its another thing but you must not kill things for
no reason.

User accounts are quite hardy things but they can be dammaged by malware
or if you delete any tasks or registry entries for them with hex values.

You can also corrupt them if you try to transfer things without doing it
the propper way.

In win10, you should be able to make windows store the data most of it
in another location leaving it able for you to clear the data folders of
files if you so choose and leave the settings alone.

However even if you can do it, chances are you are messing it by just
doing so.

I do family work a lot of computer stuff and one of my uncles had a
virus which mangled his account.

In another case my uncle the same one decided to transfer his account
without doing the proper procedure, that is, make an account log in,
then restart, log in, and set permitions for the other folders, move the
account to another account, login with that, clear the temp and the
other account.

Then reinstall any user apps that use the account spacifically and then
the thing works.

For those using office running things will just for most programs just
transfer them over and make new settings.

He didn't do any of this and just because he could transfered the entire
thing over.

And it worked, except that it didn't the new account was broken and the
other account was more broken.

The system guy he brought the system from suggested he reformat.

He didn't have time so took the system to me.

In both cases I had to recreate the 2 user accounts, reinstall all the
user apps mainly dropbox google drive and other cloud services that were
effected then everything else just worked.

It took me 2-3 hours each time.

Now if you have a second drive in the box and configure things then its
possible to simply do what he did but remember that you must make a new
account and never transfer settings at all.

On 10/10/2017 10:20 a.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Agreed. I remember when I made such a mistake almost 20 years ago. Lesson
learned.

Take care and be blessed all.

On Oct 9, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

I would simply reformat the system and next time don't kill everything

On 10/10/2017 8:27 a.m., Howard Traxler wrote:
I have an older computer running windows XP. Being totally stupid, I
deleted the audio drivers and lots of other stuff that might have been
necessary to run things. It seems that it boots ok but now I'd like to
get it to talk or even to run its alva braille display. I think I have
JAWS 9 on it--which, of course, won't talk or display. But now, I've
created a portable copy of NVDA, thinking that maybe I can somehow make
the machine talk enough to get its drivers back and make it talk
normally again.

Any ideas about this situation? Thank you anybody.

Howard

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org