Re: NVDA 2017.3 and Outlook 2003

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Brian and all,
Thank you for your suggestion!
My contact displayed e-mails in text format instead of HTML and OUtlook works again.
It is not the best solution but with this workaround she can read her mail without Outlook crashing.
Thank you again!
Best
Sylvie

Le 10/10/2017 à 13:31, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io a écrit :
You are right, at least two people have reported this. I am told the work around is to get into the outlook 2003 options and select view all messages as text or similar. of course this stops html links working and may need the read all command to read a message.
Not using that software here, but would be interested in finding out if this work around works.

I think it is a sad fact that in hooking the later versions of ms html and how its achieved it does crash programs still attempting to use ms html in the old way. of course Microsoft no longer support  the older versions of office so you would be unlikely to find them fixing this.
Another way may be to go back to nvda 2016.4, but if this outlook is running on windows ten, then you will lose functionality elsewhere by doing this.
At least that is my understanding of the issue.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michel Such" <michel.such@free.fr>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:14 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 and Outlook 2003

Hi all,

Does NVDA 2017.3 always support Outlook 2003?

Someone reports me that Outlook systematically crashes when trying to open a message, even with all addons disabled.

As I never used this software, I cannot help more.

Any idea?

--

Michel Such

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.