Re: NVDA with Notepad++

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Hi, I started programming this semester myself and notepad plus plus is used in two of my courses. I still prefer droid edit on my phone, but I've used notepad plus plus with nvda versions 2017-2 and 2017-3 on both windows 7 and 10 and have not had the issue you described.

Having said that, Nvda doesn't read me the line numbers. It's possible something looks sketchy on the screen but hasn't effected me yet.

This is pretty basic functionality. I have to think there is some key problem with your system that is causing a failure.

If I can do anything to help you test this, please let me know.

Best,

Erik

On October 10, 2017 3:08:52 PM "Anthony Lawlor" <antlaw0@...> wrote:

Hi,
I am a software development student who is visually impaired. I use
NVDA to navigate my computer and notepad++ for all my coding. The one
thing that has plagued me is that when I put my cursor on a line in
notepad++, NVDA reads five lines below where my cursor is instead of
the line my cursor is actually on. This makes coding more difficult
for me. Is there a way to get NVDA to read my current line that I have
my cursor on in notepad++ instead of five lines below?

Thank you