From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] something people should be aware of

Well going slightly off for a sec, earlier this week I did report the issue with narator and search boxes not speaking contents or up and down arrow presses.

I submitted feadback, I also tested turning off all the services and startup items and running in core mode I even turned the ms security startup program and it still did the same thing.

One thing I did solve was that disk cleaner then was able to appear and clean fully without stopping speech, and also was able to clear updates and such however obviously something happened because after a bit I thought I would just continue cleaning when I switched the system back to full mode.

I quit disk cleaner, set everything back and shut down except the system refused to shut down.

On restart it just sat there in a weird mode till I turned it off.

It then started normally enough though slow and after another cleaning run I noticed the items to clear updates etc just did not exist so who knows at any rate interesting, the system is now working and that issue will probably not effect me ever again unless I need to run another diagnostic run.

So my narator report is in the hub and I can confirm its just the start menu search box that does this the cortana one, the desktop and file and settings boxes are left alone.

Its not that big of a deal its just that start menu search is broken with narator, lets hope the fix goes in the next build.

Then again, the workstation is about 5 years old 4 of those years I have had 10 on but for a brief period it had 7, I guess I will eventually need to reformat which by rights should be easy to do since all data is on another drive so its not like I loose out in fact a couple days loading all those apps back, and bar the standard apps I load on, 7zip, ccleaner, cd burner xp and a few extras who knows.

On 11/10/2017 12:33 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hmm well i hope not as my Christmas is going to be very frustrating, planning to get a new laptop with 10 on it before that.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-