Re: Please, give me your LibreOffice issues

Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>

Hi,

A correction.

The "Unknown, soffice" issue is solved when I wait some seconds when opening Writer.

But with Calc it did not work, even waiting for 5 minutes and for files with only 18KB. In this case, only ALT+TAB gave me access to the file.

Em 11/10/2017 08:55, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io escreveu:

I was using version 5.2.7.0, but to answer the question about issues in LibreOffice, upgraded to 5.4.2.2.
Really, when I wait for some time, issue 1 is explained: LibreOffice is slow to open files.
Thank you.

Em 11/10/2017 03:11, zahra escreveu:
hi walmir.
about first and second issues, which version of libreoffice do you use exactly?
libreoffice is very slow in compare to microsoft office when i open files.
so, its slow to open files and nvda is slow sometimes to read.
we dont need use alt tab multiple times, but the best way is to close
other open programs and be patient to libreoffice open files and nvda
reads!
for second issue, in some versions we need to use f2 twice and in some
versions we dont need.

for this reason, i asked you the version number of libreoffice!

i installed version 5.3.4.1 x86 to use it forever and dont have such issues!

hope that help, God bless you all!

On 10/10/17, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io
<wsautodidata@...> wrote:
Hi, Quentin,

1 - First things first:

When I open Calc or Writer, NVDA announces "Unknown".

If I try NVDA+T, I hear "soffice".

To get access to the document, I must hit ALT+TAB twice.

2 )- After the previous behavior, Writer "orks", but Calc doesn't.
Moving acroos lines or columns using arrow keys or TAB only works for
the first cell. Aftr this, nothing is announced.
ALT+TAB dowsn't work in this case.
The way to get out of this "trap" is pressing F2 twice to enter and exit
edit mode.
Important note: this only occurs in files with multiplie spreadsheets.
3 - Moving between spreadsheets
I use CTR+PGUP and ctrl+pgdwn TO MOVE BETWEEN SPREADSHEETS, BUT nvda
APPEARS TO HAVE PTOBLEMS ANNOUNCING THE NAME OF EACH ONE. It has an
erratic behavior, annoucing some names and being muite in others.
I don't know if the first line being fixed in some spreadsheets have
something to do with this.
4 - More to come...
Thank you very much for give attention to LibreOffice!

Em 09/10/2017 22:08, Quentin Christensen escreveu:
Hi everyone,

I'm having a look at our LibreOffice issues, and also LibreOffice's
NVDA issues.  So, if anyone has any bugs or issues with LibreOffice
and NVDA, now would be a great time to raise them so I can capture the
current state of play.

I have been working through our issues tagged with LibreOffice:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/labels/libreoffice

and The Document Foundation's issues with NVDA:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=nvda

If you haven't already reported an issue in either of those places,
even if you've previously raised it here, please let me know, just to
make sure I don't miss it.

Regards

Quentin.

--