Re: NVDA 2017.3 and Outlook 2003

Cristóbal

I generally point people to this clip when they don’t want to let go of the past. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIty7vFwVYM

Not that newer is always better per say, but sometimes… you simply have to move on. I’ve got in a drawer an old HTC Tytan that I paid $700 for back in 2006 along with Code Factory’s Mobile Speak Pocket that cost me an additional $600. Not that I enjoyed paying $1,300 just to be able to have access to what at that time was a solid smartphone option, but oh well, what are you going to do? I don’t think I’ve turned that thing on in six years. There is a valid argument to continue to use something so long as it is useful to you, but if its obsolescence is more and more obvious and getting in the way of what you need for it to do, then again, time to move on.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2017.3 and Outlook 2003

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:24 pm, zahra wrote:

i agree with maintaining all old aincient technology forever!
its freedom of choice for every person and his-her right to select the
favorite programs, office, operating systems etc!

Good luck with that.

I hope you enjoy your icebox, that horse and buggy you have, and sending communications by telegraph.

The world changes and the wise change with it.

            Niels Bohr