idea for libreOffice

Josh Kennedy

I had an idea. Not sure if this would make libreoffice more stable and functional or not but here it goes.

Rather than libreoffice and openoffice relying on the java access bridge, both libreoffice and openoffice should have a feature to detect when NVDA is loaded. If loaded, libreoffice could probably run much more stable and provide much better accessibility if it directly used the NVDA controller client to provide direct accessibility by having NVDA braille and speak exactly what needs spoken and or brailled. This may enable the reading of charts and graphs in calc, better access in writer, complete access to impress, and the math tools. Not sure if this will go anywhere. But it was just an idea. And if it works we would have two excellent 100% accessible up to date and free office suites that, just as a braille notetaker like the brailleNote speaks exactly what is needed when needed, no more no less, same with braille... So if libreoffice and or openoffice used NVDA controller client rather than java access bridge which may be the cause of its instability? Then perhaps NVDA would work great with these applications.

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird