Re: something people should be aware of

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Anyone remember the search engine dogpile?

It was a search engine that would submit your search to several other search engines, then collate the results, and present them in one unified interface.  Very nice, and I used it a lot.  I was very disappointed when it went bye-bye.  Another search engine I liked very much was findwhat.  It rarely returned more than a page of results, and each and every time, the results were always relevant to what I was searching for.  Even google doesn't give me that kind of return on my searches.

On 10/10/2017 5:07 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well I do hope we don't use all of them all at once.

However if you had them in some sort iof array and needed to do extra queries about things then maybe.

Siri is quite acurate for apple googles one has a few more advantages, amazons stuff is growing ms I don't know but yeah, if something used all of them and then one of them gave the answer you needed that would be good.

Obviously I hope one could just use which one he or she wanted, but there is no reason that they all couldn't talk together about an issue, ofcause there would be data and abattery things if all had to upload to eachother but maybe it could be compressed.

Right now though if you have apple you have siri with google you have google.

With samsung you have samsung whatever they use.

So as long as you don't install their apps of various things technically who knows.

I do hope you can set control of whatever you have.

On the other hand if you could run all of them, then only have one envoke with its word and well depending on where etc you chose.

Though if they all ran together hmmm.

On 10/10/2017 8:52 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
It only mentions the smart phone versions here. I unfortunately can see a day when we have multiple voice and text accessible assistants on every device, all arguing with each other about what you actually wanted in the first place
New scientist is calling AI Artificial Ignorance, by the way.
I feel that we should be able to define the areas of our lives these things can get involved in, and how long before some smarty pants comes up with one that asks them all and presents all their answers in a usable way.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-