Re: A question for users of multiple screenreaders.

Arlene

That is the trouble with sarahtec they make it only their user friendly interface. They have samnet They have a place where you can get described movies. They have facebook blind user friendly. They even have radio stations.  I tried system access from a friend never again. You cant change the settings to your liking. You have to use whatever your friend gives you. Where as Jaws you can put it onto 2 computers for example work and home. You can choose any setting you like for any computer.  If you put system Access to both of your computers you can’t change the settings you can on your main computer and the other one changes with you.  I had to use my friend’s settings to system access.  I even got samnet witch had his e-mail in it. I did not want to read his messages.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of brian
Sent: October-13-17 6:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A question for users of multiple screenreaders.

    Several years ago I tried system access but I did not like it.  All of my email would go to my system access email and not my email.  There sam net service was very expensive and my melwhearbytes found 4 trougens and they were all system access or sa and when I called them about I was told that it was a faults possitive.  I don't think so I trust melwhearbytes and what it  founds is true.  I had a 7 day free trial and that was the only time that I ever used that screen reader.  I was not impress with system access and I will not use a screen reader that gives me trogens and puts my email in to their email instead of my email program.  I did like the sam net service but it's way to expensive but there was lots of great content on it.

Brian Sackrider

On 10/13/2017 4:19 AM, Gene wrote:

There is another point that I'll make regarding System Access to Go.  I haven't used the program to any extent for years.  In the old days, it used Dectalk as it's default synthesizer.  These days, I believe it uses E-Speak.  It may be that to get access to Dectalk Speech or Eloquence speech, you will have to buy them.  You can buy them for use with System Access to Go and only System Access to Go from Sarotech (spelling) or you can use SAPI5 synthesizers on your machine.  I don't know if SAPI 4 is supported.  But if you hate E-Speak, you may be stuck with it or with Microsoft's default voice for your version of Windows unless you spend money.

Gene