Re: voice question

Arianna Sepulveda

It's freakin' SAPI. I seriously doubt that it's going to damage windows in any way. After all, wasn't SAPI created by Microsoft?

Thanks,
Ari

On Apr 19, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

Well I have old realspeak voices, speech platform is free.
Sapi4 stuff can still be installed so ms and lh voices will still work.
While I wouldn't recomend it if you can get the home page reader 3.02 demo there are fully working viavoices.
The reason I don't recomend it is that even in old xp their installers didn't always work to remove them later.
Finally if you do have version 7 of windoweyes maybe later their version of eloquence is on the disk its a sapi4 program and its legal as far as I know.
However, I am wary of loading older synths, and older things even the ms sapi5.1 synths as I have heard that some of the old resource kits can do bad things to the os.
For nvda I'd actually be inclined to spend the cash for the acapella nvda voices, they are specially configured for nvda and you get access to every voice for the 1 price and that is an attraction for me that I may take up.

On 20/04/2016 9:39 a.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the e-speak synthesizer and it's really great. Anna is the only
sapi 5 voice that comes with windows 7 but you can buy more voices.

Rosemarie