Re: NVDA 2017.3 and Outlook 2003

thanks again gene.
i promised many times to use firefox 52 forever and wish that can
fulfill my promise by the grace of God.

but i say always my views with honesty completely.
many days ago, i downloaded and installed firefox version 3.6 and
could do all of my works with it!
reading emails, going to many websites was without any problem.
i even could search in the google with javascript desabled.
but i enabled it for testing search in the google and any characters
which i typed cause firefox to crash.

my favorite version firefox 52 did not work for me in many days, i
found cause of problem and solved it.
but in the days that i could not use firefox, i tried internet
explorer 8 and was slow using nvda, specially using navigation quick
keys, and also sometimes when i wanted to navigate word by word.
its even slow for openning websites and many times it gives me the
error that internet explorer can not display the webpage!

That may be true but it is far too general a statement. You can be using an
old version of Firefox with Windows 7 and supported features will work well.
For example, Firefox has supported HTML5 audio for a good while and even if
you use an old version of Firefox, if that feature is supported, it will
work well. But in XP, at least on the two machines I tested with, even when
XP was current, while version updates were still offered, HTML5 didn't work
properly. This may be a problem in XP since it didn't work properly in
Chrome either.

But not using a current version of an operating system may still allow
supported features to work well and usually they do. From a shorter term
perspective, the problem is generally the loss of security from things like
malware. Loss of access to new features will occur over time but that is a
slow process. The Internet doesn't adopt and discard new protocols and
features over night. It may be months or years before an old standard or
feature is unsupported even as the new one is introduced. The longer you
use old programs and versions of Windows, the more you will gradually lose
access, but it is gradual, as I said.

And the gradual loss will affect some people more than others. I use Drop
Box enough that XP no longer working with it is important. I use my Windows
7 machine for Drop Box. Someone who never uploads files to Drop Box and
only downloads files from links in e-mail messages, won't have any problem
when using XP. You can use a browser to download from Drop Box with XP.
But you can't use the Drop Box program to manage your files or work with
shared files. So different people will be affected to a very different
extent by this loss.