Re: Issues with Windows 10 upgrades

Tony Ballou

Hi,

This may be the case with my laptop. Been trying to get the fall creators update on it since Friday with no luck despite running the windows update troubleshooter twice.  Worked just fine on the desktop once I upgraded the video card. Quentin, thinks for the tip, will give this a look.

Tony

On 10/16/2017 8:08 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
That I believe was on Friday. It took me 6 tries to get that thing, same with my buddy who is also an insider. We got it though after about 8 hours of trying.

On Oct 16, 2017, at 12:26 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

I've had one or two builds with various problems.  One trick I've found that has sometimes worked to fix an update not working is to empty the "softwaredistribution" folder.  As per: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/how-to-delete-downloaded-but-not-installed-windows/96e73135-bc4d-408c-9b5e-b9d299275178?auth=1

Basically go to the following folder:
%windir%\softwaredistribution\download
and delete everything in it.

If you are running Windows insiders, there has been a new build since then, so if there were problems with that one (I did see Windows insiders tweet they were getting reports of problems downloading recently, but can't remember exactly which build that was for) then the more recent build might have fixed it.  In any case, it will download it again and hopefully get everything it needs.

Kind regards

Quentin

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
Well I have 2 units and I will try tomorrow and see what they do

On 16/10/2017 7:51 p.m., Mallard wrote:
Hello Tony,

We tried again with all we could try. Nothing doing. At this point I've decided to give up, because the machine works very well as it is, so I'll let it go its own way as long as it goes. I'll think about it when time comes.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 12/10/2017 03:28, Tony Ballou ha scritto:
Hi Allie,

Sorry I'm getting to this so late.  If possible, I'd like to help, can
you contact me off list. I've had similar problems with windows 10
updates and just got them straightened out by updating the video card in
my desktop.

Tony

On 10/5/2017 9:23 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

My machine (a desktop from HP, which was bought refurbished, and has
12GB of ram at the moment) doesn't seem to want to upgrade to Creator.
It has been attempiting to do the updates, but every time it says
there's an error, and can't complete the procedure.

It gives me the following error:

Error: 0x8007001f

I searched for the code on teh web, and so did my husband, but we
didn't come up with anything viable.

Has anyone, by any chance, experienced somehting like this, and how
did you solve it, if you did at all?

Thanks, ciao,
Ollie

--