From: "Derek Lane" <derek@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:47 PM
Subject: [nvda] where does NVDA support OS system API MSAA

I ask this question because I'm wondering what it would take for NVDA to work with the zoom meeting platform, and receive notifications from it, as other screen readers do.

The information I was able to get from zoom is the following, and will hopefully be of help for anyone who could take advantage of this info...

"Zoom client in Windows uses OS system API MSAA to support screen reader. The SPEC is described here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd317990(v=vs.85).aspx
In particular details, Zoom client calls the MSAA API https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd373603(v=vs.85).aspx to notify system to inform the screen reader to speak."
Thanks!