Re: windows 10 fall creaters update coming out today
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Same here , microphone working, no dictation no sound
From: Adriani Botez
Sent: 18 October 2017 21:55
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 fall creaters update coming out today
I have the same problem, the key stroke does not work. Microfone is activated since I can use cortana without problems. I think the dictation feature is just for some selected users.
Von: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] Im Auftrag von Chris Mullins
It may well be that the microphone is not defined as your default recording device. Try the following:
1 Press the windows key to open the Cortana search box and type in ‘sound card’ (without the quotes.
2. From the list of suggestions press enter on ‘Change sound card settings, control panel’
3. In the dialog that opens, press Control+tab to move to the Recording tab
4. Press down arrow to microphone in the list control
5. Tab down to properties and press enter
6. Tab to ‘Device Usage Use this device’ and ensure it is enabled.
7 Tab to OK and press enter, then tab to OK again on the previous dialog box
Thanks. I do have a microphone.
Yes you have to have a microphone if one is not built in. They are more common in new laptops. Dont know of any PC's that have them built in.