Re: the volume on the creators update is softer

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't have a laptop but apparently you can't disable enhancements on this desktop either so I guess I'm stuck with it. Thanks for trying to help though. I'll call Microsoft tomorrow and see if they can figure it out. I sure can't.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Blee Blat
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 6:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] the volume on the creators update is softer

And if you are unlucky enough to have one of these laptops with DTS linked to the realtek audio manager, and no way to disable the "enhancements", then you're stuck going into task manager and finding the startup tab and disabling the realtek audio from there. At least that's what I ended up doing. Plus, to make things worse, Windows onboard sound often defaults to 48000 hz for playback and recording, and that results in pops and crackles for most sounds, because they're expecting 44100 hz. Now to go looking for a portable sound card that also connects to the phone. I don't know why manufacturers think I want my music screwed with. If I want all this compression and stuff I can find an FM radio easily enough.