From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] the volume on the creators update is softer

Yeah a lot of the laptops now use their own overlays on the
realtech drivers the hp uses something called dts this makes
speech semi suck but I tried without the realtech device and the
sound speakers are so small its like listening to it from a box.

The hp dts at least sounds nice and spacial audio set to sonic
will push up volumes a little to.

On my new gegabyte system I am planning to get they have creative
overlays sadly on my external soundcard these make speech a bit
choppy but music, sfx and games really rock so I will forgive
that.

On 19/10/2017 4:22 p.m., Blee Blat wrote:
And even if you do that it's still not likely to work. They
must be
using some on-chip codecs because I'm still getting dynamic
compression applied. It's less worse than it was with the
realtek
services running, but it's still noticeable. This is not
helpful for
most sounds at all. I wonder what the hit for CPU performance
is for
this nonsense. I'll continue screwing around with drivers until
I find
a fix I guess. The phone doesn't have these artifacts, so at
least I
can just use that.

.