Re: Slightly OT: Accessible blogging platform

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah, you are hosting from wordpress.com if I read that correctly. I would maybe try a self hosted wordpress site if you can.

Take care and be blessed.

On Oct 20, 2017, at 11:43 AM, David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

My Wordpress blog is the first one in my signature .

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: 20 October 2017 19:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT: Accessible blogging platform

Just to be clear you are using wordpress.com and not a self hosted wordpres ssite right? If so that might be the issue as that site is a pain in the back side to navigate wiht any screen reader.

On Oct 20, 2017, at 10:06 AM, David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

I don’t think its that oddat all. I have read others complaining  about the difficulties of Wordpress.
To answer your question specifically yes I did attempt to “expand the menus but NVDA appeared to struggle to focus on the results of the expanded menus.
This was also the experience using jas 18 and 2018 using Firefox and Windows 10 but not the Fall update.

There seems to have been some changes on the site recently which has deteriorated the situation. Up until recently I was able to publish OK. Now it seems impossible. As I say I am getting around this by using the email submission feature but this should benot be necessary.

David Griffith